A Journey Through Time: High Tea At The Refectory Werribee Park
Bursaria Fine Foods presents A Journey Through Time High Tea event, taking place at The Refectory Werribee Park on Sunday 28th August 2022, featuring Soprano Donna King – Operatic Allure.
Relish in a relaxed ambience with great music, fine food and history in song, with friends and like-minded guests of all ages. With so much to do and see, you will feel inspired by the elegance and charm of one of Victoria’s most opulent heritage-listed properties as part of Werribee Mansion.
The stunning Werribee Park precinct that The Refectory sits amongst, is like a magical time machine – step foot into the gardens and you and your guests are whisked away to a grandiose, romantic Italian country estate, rolling green lawns, stunning lake, lush foliage, sprawling grassland, rose gardens and secret shady nooks.
We invite guests to enjoy an afternoon high tea experience and indulge in the beauty of operatic arias and song, as we blur the lines between performer and audience to bring you a historical journey of this iconic Italianate mansion.
Event Dates: Sunday 28th August 2022
Timings: 1:30pm – 3pm (1pm guest arrival)
Price: $75 per person and $50 per child under 10 years
– Welcoming seasonal Cocktail on arrival
– Set High Tea Menu
– Queen Charlotte cake per table
– Freshly brewed coffee, selection of tea, homemade lemonade
– Entertainment – Donna King
High Tea Menu
– Seafood, champagne vol vents
– Free range chicken, celery, and almond with herb mayonnaise finger sandwiches
– Cornish pasties
– Smoked salmon, dill blinis, caper remoulade
– Passionfruit and lemon meringue tartlets
– Chocolate and macadamia brownie, chocolate ganache, macadamia brittle
– Queen Charlotte’s fancy cake
– Fresh Refectory scones served with delicious raspberry jam & double cream (v)
– Freshly brewed coffee and tea
– Selection of herbal tea station
– Bursaria’s famous Homemade Lemonade
– Upgrade to champagne and cocktail cart – Priced on application
Soprano Donna King – Operatic Allure
As an aspiring young singer, Donna began her musical journey singing a mixture of classical, contemporary and gospel music. At the age of 17 was awarded the prestigious Daisy Webster Esther Nolan Scholarship to study voice at the Victorian College of the Arts in Melbourne. After graduating in 1992, she continued vocal studies with John Dingle,singing in concerts with the Queensland Opera Chorus, the Brisbane Light Orchestra and Gold Coast Philharmonic Orchestra.